Thursday

St. Patty's day for a sweet tooth

I have a major sweet tooth, so when I saw a recipe for Irish car bomb cupcakes I knew I had to try it out. One doesn't generally bring out cupcakes to the pub so I needed another excuse besides just the holiday to try out these cakes. And I got my wish when a friend of mine invited me to her birthday party last Saturday. She (and her friends) are total booze hounds (in a good way) so I knew these cupcakes would be a crowd pleaser.

I've never baked with beer (Guinness) or alcohol (Baileys Irish Cream and Jameson’s Irish whiskey) before so I was a little nervous when the cake came out of the oven really sticky.  

image [via]

The cupcakes turned out great and although the frosting was almost like taking a shot and eating sugar at the same time, they are very festive and would consider making them again for St. Patty's day.

image [via]

Next up on my list? Starbucks VIA was just launched in the UK and I found this recipe on the Starbucks website. I need to start going to the gym everyday if I'm going to be baking every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment