Monday

Almond cake with lemon and poppy seeds

On Sunday the mister and I headed over to a friend's house for a leisurely Sunday lunch. Our hosts had prepared a delicious meal that included a rabe, pine nut, garlic, pancetta mix for the starter and a chicken pie for the main. I made an almond cake with lemon and poppy seeds for dessert which was also delicious but really lacking any almond flavor. Perhaps I put too much lemon juice in?

The recipe came from the Jamie Oliver website, which has so many good recipes that I want to try. The one key kitchen tool that I must invest in before I use another UK recipe is a scale. I had to improvise a bit when the recipe called for things in grams. Thank god for Google so I could find the conversions of the items into cups.

I'd definitely make this recipe again.


image[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment