Monday

Big day of baking

Tomorrow I'm free from classes (thanks to a teacher's strike) and free from work, so I've decided to do some marathon baking (on top of about one billion other errands I need to run).

I'm going to start with some cupcakes to celebrate my birthday, which is this Saturday. Strawberry Shortcake is one of my favorite desserts and it just so happens one of the blogs I follow just posted a recipe for Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes! How lucky! I am a little dismayed because the recipe calls for cake flour, which doesn't seem to exist in London. I've found out how to make a substitution, but I'm a little nervous since I'm no pro. I don't want to mess up my own birthday cupcakes.

The second batch I'm going to make is for Easter which is the day after my birthday. These are especially for the mister because he loves caramel sauce and coconut. I found this awesome recipe for Samoa Girl Scout cookie cupcakes. This specific blog has a couple recipes involving Girl Scout cookies - I LOVE it.

I am on the hunt for more baking supplies such as liners. If anyone knows of any good shops in London, drop me a line.

image[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment