Thursday

Cheese roundup

I tried a great (read: efficient) cafe on Drury Lane today for lunch. Ecco Cafe is a small, loud cafe where placing an order is somewhat reminiscent of scenes from Seinfeld’s epic episode, 'The Soup Nazi'. Only in so much as you have to know what you want to order when you reach the counter.

Where: 186 Drury Lane (Covent Garden)

The Scene: Tiny, bustling cafe with good lunch specials

Delight: Fast service, value for money

Dissappointment: Average food

Their menu consists mainly of pizzas, which are a good value at £4.75 for eat in. I however was not that hungry so I just got a sandwich. I ordered the prosciutto, mozzarella, basil and tomato grilled sandwich. It was pretty average but edible and with a diet coke my tab came to about £3.50. It's hard to beat the value and tastiness of Pret's sandwiches but I would consider going back to Ecco Cafe for their cheap pizzas.

image[via]

I know...I need to branch out from Italian, sandwiches and sushi. I'm working on that.

Speaking of eating, this International Cheese Award Festival winner looks amazing and I would absolutely die if I went to a cheese award festival.

image[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment