Thursday

Cafe Pacifico Celebration

To celebrate the end of the semester and the handing in of our portfolios the mister and I met up with my classmates at Cafe Pacifico.
image[via]

Where: 5-6 Langley Street (near Covent Garden tube)

The Scene: Pretty dead at 6 when we arrived but bumpin' by 8 when we left

Delight: good Tex Mex

Disappointment: Margarita prices

We all arrived early (at 6pm) since there was a big group of us and I hadn't bothered to make a booking. I immediately headed to the bar where I ordered the large margarita. To my surprise the large was tiny and cost me a whapping £8! It was ridiculous. This is a Tex Mex joint tucked into an alley. Granted we're in Covent Garden but £8, that's insane. I threw my margarita back pretty quickly and enjoyed beers the rest of the night. To my delight they were serving Pacifico beer, one of my favorites to wash down Tex Mex food.

Everyone at the table scarfed down bowls and bowls of chips and salsa. The salsa, although pretty spicy was really good. Everyone at the table couldn't stop commenting on it while they scooped mouthfuls of the salsa up with the tortilla chips. One thing the hostess mentioned to us several times as we were being seated was that we would only have the table for 2 hours. That was fine but the five or six reminders was a bit overkill. I was wondering, with such a large group would we be able to get out in under 2 hours? After finishing off a bucket of beers and at least 5 bowls of chips our mains arrived; in under 20 minutes. I guess 2 hours wasn't going to be a problem.

image[via]

The mains were absolutely everything I was hoping for. Covered in cheese, guacamole and sour cream like true Tex Mex should be. I ordered the Chimichangas and man were they good. I couldn't even eat half the plate. The mister ordered the Quesada Grande (a flour tortilla filled with melted cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, ranchera sauce and sour cream) and they looked amazing as well.

image[via]

While my friends Tex Mex birthday had food that could easily compete with Cafe Pacifico, I would definitely visit again. If you're in the mood for Mexican that's covered in cheese and sauce (i.e. Tex Mex) then this is definitely a good place to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment