Thursday

Tex Mex with an emphasis on the Mex

This Friday I'll be celebrating a friend's birthday in true Tex Mex style with queso and enchiladas. I've had her queso (borrowed from The Homesick Texan) and it's amazing. I crave it just thinking about it.

image[via]

I thought her birthday party would be a great excuse to make some new cupcakes! I found this recipe on a blog called Cupcake Rehab. I've never made anything off this blog before, but  Cinnamon vanilla cupcakes with Mexican hot chocolate buttercream sounded so good and fit the Tex Mex/Mex theme quite nicely. I'm even going to put tiny sombreros on my cup cakes. I can't wait. I actually made the cupcakes last night and just need to frost them. The batter was really thick and dense and therefore the cakes turned out more like muffins than cakes. Perhaps I baked them for too long. They just aren't as moist as I had hoped. I'm hoping the frosting really makes these cupcakes. It usually does.

image[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment