Thursday

Summer treats

Today is the first of June and I am happy to report that the weather this week actually feels like the start of summer. I love the summer for so many reasons; all the fresh berries, barbecues, Friday afternoon cocktails outside and of course ice cream and popsicles. Another love I can now add to my list is Pimms, a drink I don't think exists in the US.

In celebration of a decently sunny week last week, the mister and I made a jug of Pimms on Friday (in our lovely Pimms branded jug that we sent away for with a coupon from The Evening Standard (who does that!)). I had also picked up some popsicle molds while in the US and felt like the promise of nice weather was as good a reason as any to try them out.

Both are lovely summer treats and both are so easy to make.

 

 
Original Pimms recipe via

1 Part Pimms
3 Parts chilled lemonade (or Sprite/7Up as us Americans call it)
Add a desired amount of:
Mint
Oranges
Lemons
Strawberries
Cucumber

 

 

 
Strawberry lemonade popsicles

Mix lemonade (I used pink lemonade) and strawberries in a blender. I tried to keep it fairly liquidy since the more juice you have the more solid the popscile becomes. Freeze overnight.

Now, to convince the mister we need an ice cream maker...

No comments:

Post a Comment