Wednesday

Go for the view

London has a beautiful skyline. Yes, it is a bit cluttered with cranes but it's beautiful none the less. I am always up for any place, be it a bar or restaurant, that has a view of London. Therefore one night I suggested the mister and I meet up for a drink at the Trafalgar Hotel for some cocktails on the their roof top terrace.   

Upon arrival I was very disappointed to find that there was a £5 entry charge. The mister and I paid, rode the elevator to the top and figured that the view and some nice cocktails would make up for it.

The rooftop is very sleek and there are many considerate touches, such as heat lamps, blankets and large comfy seating areas. However, the staff looked as though they were going to hurl themselves over the edge at any moment and the clientele was strictly tourists - a group I tend to try and stay away from.

image [via]

The cocktails were good but over priced. Considering I already paid my £5 for the view, £15 seemed a bit hefty for 1 cocktail.

But then there's the view. The particular night the mister and I visited was cold and windy but on a warm summer night this terrace would be a great place to relax and enjoy the view.



 image [via]
There are plenty of other places in London with beautiful views so I wouldn't rush out to the Trafalgar Hotel but if you do end up going, go for the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment