Monday

His & Hers date night

When I stumbled upon Moët & Movies I knew this was exactly the type of thing that both the mister and I would love to do for a date night. Our date night always revolve around going to dinner and if the mister had his way they would always involve movies.


Axis, the restaurant at One Aldwych, hosts the evening. It includes a movie (in their private theatre), glass of Moët, popcorn and a 3 course meal. The mister and I went to see Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. The movies are a bit old but I didn't mind especially after a glass of champagne. 


I didn't have extremely high expectations for the dinner portion as hotel restaurants are usually pretty blah (this of course is less true in London but was the rule of thumb in Seattle).

I ordered the fried English mozzarella with green sauce and the mister had the beetroot cured salmon with watercress and horseradish mousse, pickled samphire for a starter. Both were extremely bland and mine lacked the "green sauce" whatever that was?

the mister's starter
my starter
Thankfully the mains and desserts were quite good. Because it was three courses (and I never need that much food anyway) I didn't mind that the starters were a little below par.

My main - Smoked haddock and crab fishcake

The mister's main - Celeriac risotto with stilton, grilled
apple and cider vinaigrette

My dessert - Warm chocolate pudding with salted caramel
ice cream

The mister's dessert: Sticky toffee parfait with date compote

All up, the evening cost £42.50 per person plus alcohol (the glass of Moët is included in that price). For a night out in London I was pleased with the price and value for money. They update their movie list every month or so, so check back and see if they're playing something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment