Tuesday

40th Birthday break

Both my sister in-laws have their 40th birthdays this month. I love buying presents for others but for such big occasions it can be quite stressful. For the mister's sister (the other birthday girl being the mister's brother's wife) I was thinking of buying her 2 tickets to Outstanding in the Field and possibly a night's stay at The Bell at Skenfrith. The is probably a bit lavish but very well deserved.
 
The Bell at Skenfrith (how beautiful!)
image [via]
I nearly bought this for the mister's birthday present as it is somewhat near his actaul birthday, but it being on a Thursday really put a damper on things.

The concept behind Outstanding in the Field is simple, bring together people who love food with local communities of growers and food enthusiants on the ground which the food is grown.* Most dinners take place outside. The pictures are absolutely dreamy and I can only imagine what the food is like. Swoon.

image [via]

image [via]

image [via]


*Here's their about us which is a bit more elegantly worded.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I wish they had more stops in England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great! I wish it was on a Saturday, then I'd definitely be going!

    ReplyDelete