Saturday

La Soirée

Last weekend I caught one of the final performances of La Soirée. It's returning to London in November (I know that's a long way off)  so you still have a chance to see it if you missed it this time. La Soirée is a mix of circus style performances, burlesque (although I found this portion to be pretty dull) and cabaret. The idea behind the show reminds me a lot of Teatro ZinZanni which I have seen several times in Seattle. I much preferred ZinZanni but it's also a permanent show, so I imagine there is a lot more flexibility.

La Soirée was performed in a pop-up venue on the south bank. The venue was charming although a bit rickety with so many people walking around. I would have loved to had dinner at La Soirée but they were only serving wine, candies and popcorn. (Teatro ZinZanni serves a wonderful 3 course meal.) 

We booked a table which was still crammed but at least you're cramming amoung friends. The performances were very entertaining and a few even had me picking my jaw up off the floor.

The entrance
dinner

Contortionist. Some very dramatic dislocation going on.

A guy standing on another guy's head. Wait, what?

Male pole dancing

Check it out when it's back in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment