Wednesday

Bourne and Hollingsworth

Back in January, after receiving a job offer, I scheduled in some celebratory drinks with friends. Vale recommended Bourne and Hollingsworth and at the mention of cocktails served in tea cups, I was in. Upon my arrival I was greeted with mismatching furniture, a fireplace in the center of the room, yellow floral wall paper and an old 1920's feeling. I really felt like I had been transported back in time to someone's living room turned speakeasy. The cocktails in tea cups were the final touch in completing the prohibition era feeling. 

image [via]
complete with cucumber sandwich. image [via]
the wall paper. image [via]

There are so many places like this in London, tucked away, unsuspecting and so hard to find! These spots are exactly what makes London one of the best cities and exactly why I love living here. I had such a great time that night (and guzzeled a few too many cocktails for a week night) and have added it to a suggestion list for some friends who are coming to visit in a few weeks. I know they'll love it just as much as I did.

image [via]

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that place and I LOVE London! Had a great time, we should go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - you made me miss home, reading your post... I do love those "tucked away" spots in the city too....

    www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
    www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

    ReplyDelete