Sunday

Day out in Greenwich

There is so much to see and discover in London that when I have a free weekend day I honestly don't know where to begin. My fall back is always shopping (mostly window) but I really want to get out more and explore neighborhoods that I am less familiar with. My first attempt was a stroll around Greenwich on a fine sunny day.

Greenwich is of course home to the National Maritime Museum, The Royal Observatory and the Meridian Line but it is also home to some cute and funky cafes, an absolutely stunning common and a great market. If you have a day to wander around then do it! Here are a few highlights from my day out.

An Inn by Greenwich station

Beautiful blue sky

George Cafe
image [via]
Amazingly rich chocolate cake at George Cafe

Stroll through the market
Greenwich Market

The mister and I couldn't resist picking up some coffee for our
coffee loving mothers.


Brought me back to my Brazil days and churros with doce de leite 

Yum!

After a short walk up the hill (much needed after ridiculous sugar in take) we reach the Meridian Line (and the long line of tourist waiting to get their photo taken)

What a beautiful city


2 comments:

  1. so beautiful! Please check out my blog
    http://gloryandgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Taylor! Your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete