Saturday

our trip to Rye

For my 30th birthday the mister planned a whole week of celebrations. It was all a surprise which was so much fun!! After Easter weekend, we got on a train Monday afternoon to Rye, although I didn't know where we were going until we switched trains in Brighton. A short 1.5 hours later we arrived and checked into our Windmill. Yes, that's right, we stayed in a windmill!!





Rye is a decent sized village, but it is a village. We spent one day exploring the sites and shops and the rest of our time relaxing, which is exactly how I wanted to spend my week. 




There was plenty of good food and of course the mister spoiled me every night with delicious meals and wine.


Webbe's Fish Cafe



The Ambrette at Rye


After dinner drinks at The Mermaid Inn, one of the oldest Inns in the UK (their cellar
dates back to 1156 and the building to 1420!)
The Landgate Bistro




Cheers!

And then there was my actual birthday, which was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a very very long time. The mister booked me a massage at the local Aveda salon and then we spent the afternoon sipping champagne. 

Post massage sorbet and water. so relaxed.

And as if this birthday week could get any better, a gift from Tiffany!


All and all, one of the best, most relaxing, weeks of my life. Thank you hubs! x





2 comments:

  1. It all looks amazing! You deserve this, and more. Well done Dave!

    P.S. What's inside the Tiffany bag????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! It's a bracelet. It looks similar to pearls but is made of silver

    ReplyDelete