Saturday

Counting Crows

The Counting Crows are one of the mister's favorite bands so when I saw they were coming to London, I snapped up some tickets. We saw them back in Seattle, where we had amazing seats (see pics below) but this time all that was left when I went to buy the tickets at 10am the morning they went on sale, were 2 tickets in the last row. Thankfully the Hammersmith Apollo isn't too big so they were still good seats. 

I love the Crows and don't think I'll ever tire of seeing them live because they're constantly mixing up their songs, doing something different than what's on the album and they play their classics (of which there are a lot!).

The were 3 teenage girls in front of the mister and I at the concert who seemed to have such a deep emotional connection to the music, that they mainly expressed by hugging each other in excited glee and waving their hands back and forth through the air. I don't know if it's age or the abundance of digital music - music that is inextricably linked to a period or moment in my life seems so far behind me. Jack Johnson's 'Sitting, Waiting, Wishing' - a college heartbreak, 'Just Like a Prayer' - late night joy rides in high school and what about last year? I listened to a lot of music last year but no one song brings me back to a moment... Is this a sign of growing up?







PS - Seattle peeps, Counting Crows + The Wallflowers at Chateau St. Michelle this summer! SO Jealous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment