Monday

Recipease

On my list of things to see and eat (which desperately needs to be updated) was a cooking class at Jamie Oliver's Recipease in Clapham Junction. I had to book this class several months out as the after work classes fill up so quickly. I chose the Mexican Street Food class.

I really can't say that paying £70 for the class (for 2) and cooking with a convection stove top felt very "street", but the mister and I really enjoyed ourselves. The two women who ran the class were easy to understand and work with and the food we prepared (and then ate for dinner) was delish.

Our work station

On the menu was, "fiery fish ceviche, gorditas (delicious little fluffy tortillas) and a soft chicken taco cooked in chipotle sauce and served with Jamie's Mexican salsa verde." The ceviche was the only bit I didn't really like and only because it was in a tomato sauce that I didn't like.


Chicken Taco



Salsa verde, ceviche, chicken tacos and gorditas


We also got to wash down our delicious meal with a complimentary beverage and very reasonably priced second drinks. Overall, a wonderful way to spend an evening and an excellent meal to throw into the dinner rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment