Tuesday

Byron Burgers

In-n-Out Burger and Red Robin are two of my favorite burger joints back home. The mister hated Red Robin and sadly In-n-Out doesn't exist north of California (we lived in Seattle) so my burger dining experiences were limited. Of course there was the always amazing Queen City Grill burger with mouth watering Beecher's cheese from down the street, but at $13 a pop, I wasn't prepared to add it into my top 3 coveted spots.

I've dabbled a bit in burgers in London, even tried to get a burger from the MeatWagon, which turned into a epic waste of time. I had heard about Byron a while ago but it wasn't until about 2 months ago that I got some friends together to go. A more recent visit was what prompted my memory of the lost blog post.

Where: Various. I've dined at the Covent Garden and Westfields spots

The Scene: Not a single health nut in the house.

Delight: A perfectly cooked patty

Disappointment:  My consumption of multiple beers

The simplicity of Byron's offering is what makes it so fabulous. They do burgers, proper burgers, as their tag line touts. (They also serve salads. I'm not sure who goes to a burger place for a salad?) Make no mistake, you will pay a pretty penny for a simple meal but to me Byron is worth it.

image [via]

My first visit to Byron I had the Byron Burger (Dry cure bacon, mature Cheddar and Byron sauce) and a side a fries. The secret sauce tasted much like In-n-Out's secret sauce which I believe to be some variation of Thousand Island Dressing.

One of my dining companions had ordered the onion rings and after one ring she proclaimed, "these are the best onion rings I have ever had." She, a young blond Texan is well versed and very opinionated when it comes to deep fried foods, so my expectations for my meal elevated after her comment. And of course it did not disappoint. My one major disappointment was my decision to drink 2 beers with this meal. My friends had to roll me out the front door on the account of massively bloated hamburger filled belly.

image [via]

My second visit to Byron was a lunch date at Westfields for some very last minute Christmas shopping. Byron (and all restaurants in Westfields) were overrun with people so I was very impressed when my cheese burger and friend's veggie burger came out (albeit a bit slowly) to the same calibre I had experienced previously.

image [via]

I still think In-n-Out will always be my number one burger joint but because of proximity I would gladly promote Byron to my top spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment