Friday

Flat Essentials

I like heels but they can be so impractical in London. Therefore, since moving to London I have had to expand my flats collection. I still don't own that many pairs surprisingly, mainly because I find it so hard to find a pair I can walk in for miles. I absolutely love my Cole Haan Nike mary janes, but have had significantly less luck with a very beautiful pair of Sam Edelman's that literally made my toes bleed the first few times I wore them.

It seems to me that shoes designed for dances (or a company whose origins are rooted in designing shoes for dancers), women who are literally on their feet all day, should be able to statisfy my needs for a cute yet comfy shoe. Enter Bloch. Even though I passed a Bloch store on the way to Grad school almost daily I never went in. I think it's time to change that, especially since I foresee a lot of standing and walking with my new commute for my new job (!!).
image [via]

image [via]
image [via]

Another designer I have been eyeing but have yet to read any testimonials on their comfort is Oliver + Co. While they have absolutely daring prints, these require slightly more commitment because they don't allow returns. And while normally you would have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping (they are shipped from Australia) for a limited time if you purchase 2 pairs (or more) you get free worldwide shipping.  

image [via]

image [via]

image [via]
 Any other brands I should be shopping that check both the cute and comfortable boxes?

2 comments:

  1. Tods and Hogan are two of the most comfortable shoe brands I can recommend. They can be very pricey but there's a lot of good deals online; it may be worth browsing around or going to Italy for lower prices ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely heard of Tods (although have never really looked because of price) but have never heard of Hogan. Thanks for the tips! xo

    ReplyDelete