Sunday

Sweet Sweet Love

I love sugar and I love baking but there are a few spots in London I also love to visit to get my sugar fix.

Rococo Chocolates has several locations around town but I have only visited the store on Marylebone High Street. Recently I also saw my local Waitrose stocking a limited number of Rococo products as well. Still, visiting the store and looking at their beautifully packaged chocolates (and of course getting small samples!) is a great experience. I love the Sea Salt and Chocolate combination. 

A short walk from Rococo and just off the insanely busy Oxford Street is Mrs. Kibble's Olde Sweet Shoppe. This old style sweet shop allows you to purchase candy by weight and therefore sample very small packages of different types of candy. I love the 1950's feel of the glass jars.

image [via]

Ladurée is of course a classic and a favorite of many people. I had never had a macaron before moving to London but am very happy that my first experience was with the delectable Ladurée.

image [via]



I have to put Kiwifruits on this list even though it is not exactly a sweets store. This is however the only place in London I know of where you can buy sweets from New Zealand. The mister and I don't go very often but if we're in the neighborhood we always stop by for a sugar hit. 


image [via]

And last but certainly not least is Cybercandy. They have all my home town favorites: sour patch kids, gobstoppers, chocolates galore. If I ever have a hankering for some sweets from America I can almost always find it at Cybercandy.


image [via]

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Must try Cybercandy and Kiwifruits, new to me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete