Thursday

Whoopie Pies for an early Christmas lunch

Last Sunday the mister and I attended a Christmas Lunch. After spending almost all of Saturday nursing a hangover, it was good to get out of the house and eat lots of great food. My fellow Balham dweller did an unbelievable job preparing the turkey, veg and my favorite, sausage wrapped in bacon. What was even more impressive was that she had stayed out with me until the wee hours on Friday night, did it again on Saturday night (while my elderly body failed me at home) and was still able to cook an amazing lunch for 10 people! What a gal!

My contribution to the party was an east coast delicacy known as whoopie pies. As far as I know, we didn't have these in California when I was growing up. I saw a recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies over on Jamie of All Trades and they did not disappoint.



While my whoppi pies were not nearly as symmetrical or pretty, they tasted great. I didn't have any cream cheese frosting so I substituted it with vanilla frosting by Rachel Ray.


homemade whoppi pies

No comments:

Post a Comment