Wednesday

Friends who have everything under £40

I think we all have them, the friend who owns everything they could possibly want or need under £40. I'm sure they'd love us to get them a Chanel 2.55 or some stunning Stella McCartney intimates but unless you're also the type that rejoiced and yelled 'finally!' when they installed gold bar vending machines in a Dubai hotel, then those types of gifts are out of the question. We, as friends, are stuck every year (twice a year if you exchange birthday presents as well - ah!) trying to think of creative and inventive gifts that aren't totally lame. A few years ago I gave a pizza stone and a silicon baking mat to a girl who loves her crock pot and doesn't really bake (read: big strike out).

I have a few people on my list this year who until a few days ago have completely stumped me. That is until I saw these adorable finger puppets by abbeychristine on Etsy.

I have a few fanatical 'This American Life' friends who would go bonkers over this Ira Glass finger puppet. I was also thinking you could probably easily string him up on your tree as well. Something only a fellow fanatic would think of. 

image [via]

You can also buy Joan Holloway, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and even dear old Martha (ankle tracking device not included). There really is a character for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment