Monday

Escape from New York in the comforts of SF living

I recently visited a dear friend of mine in her and her husband's new abode in San Francisco. Their building is opposite the beautiful AT&T park (but the entrace to their building is actaully on Townsend). I went over for a quiet evening of catching up and wine.

We sipped on something I had never tried before, Vinho Verde. It was light and had a slight effervescence. I am totally hooked!


image [via]

It was the night of the last playoff game, in which the SF Giants were playing. We knew we'd have no luck finding a place to eat in their neighborhood. Even though the game was away, the area around the ball park is always alive with fans and fanatics. We decided to order in from Escape from New York Pizza

Escape from New York does pizza does some interesting combinations. We ordered a half 'you say potato' and half 'west side bar-b-que chicken'. As promised the pizza was delivered in exactly 45 minutes. As we waited we watched the giants clinch the division and you could hear the roar of people outside screaming.

you say potato pizza
image [via]

While I wasn't really a fan of eating entire garlic cloves, the idea of putting potatos on a pizza is genious and it totally works with the garlic and pesto. While the mister yammered on (on the phone the next day) about this being a silly amount of carbs to consume in one pizza, I didn't mind up-ing my carb consumption for something yummy.

My night ended with a full belly in a city erupting in celebration. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment