Thursday

A woman needs a little comfort food (and shopping) while the mister is away

This weekend the mister is away on his stag weekend in Edinburgh. To keep myself busy (and sane - I can't spend the whole weekend writing) I thought I would make one of my favorites, blackberry cobbler and do one of my favorite things, shop!

The blackberry cobbler  recipe is from the absolutely hilarious blog The Pioneer Woman. All her recipes are scrumptious and I love that each recipe comes with step by step pictures. You don't see that too often. I have made her restaurant-style smash potatoes (sadly without the onion straws because while I can buy them from an American grocer, they cost about £5)  and her crash hot potatoes are a favorite of both the mister and I.  I've made this particular blackberry cobbler before and was delighted with how it turned out.

image [via]

On Sunday some girlfriends and I are headed up to the Bichester outlets. I haven't been shopping in a LONG time (the pains of being a student) and I can't even remember the last time I went to an outlet. You know I love a good deal! I'm hoping to pick up some bridal necessities and maybe score a cute dress for a wedding in Bath we have next weekend. I spotted this dress at Anthropologie that I thought was so cute, but alas the price tag made me put it back on the rack. (...the pains of being a student)

image [via]

No comments:

Post a Comment