Saturday

Trinity Stores

One of my favorite places to grab lunch when I'm at home in Balham is Trinity Stores. There is only one of them so I'm not quite sure why they refer to themselves as 'stores'? Trinity is a cute little bakery & cafe that is always full, even midweek in the middle of the day. It's located right across the street from the Balham tube/train entrance (on Balham Station Road) so I am always tempted to pop in, but normally can refrain. 

When I go to Trinity for lunch, I usually just get my sandwich to go for fear that if I linger I might end up buying something from their amazing grocery section. They stock mostly British made, local products but also have some Italian pastas and olive oils.

image [via]

image [via]

The few times I have eaten in, I have been equally impressed by the food. The mister and I got the plowman's board once and I've also sampled their quiche. I've gotten dessert here several times and it has been very hit and miss; sometimes you could tell that the baked goods had been sitting out for days. Since I do so much baking myself I don't really need to go out and buy more sweets, but it is a little bit of a disappointment.

Try the cheese and chutney sandwich. That is my absolute favorite. I first came across this odd concoction at Pret but now that I've had Trinity's version I'm hooked. You can even buy their chutney to make the sandwich yourself at home.
image [via]

1 comment:

  1. Just be prepared to battle your way past screeching kids in pushchairs the size of Peckham, and their inane yummy-mummies!

    ReplyDelete