Thursday

Wedding Update

I have been so busy between life, my dissertation and wedding planning that I have totally been neglecting my blog. Here are few wedding updates.

I have purchased shoes! I went to the Selfridges sales and saw them, 4 sizes too small to actually get on my foot, so I went home thought about it for far too long (as I do with everything related to my wedding) and bought them online (and on sale!).
image [via]

For my wedding guestbook, I've been planning on having Polaroids taken of everyone to put next to their messages. I was going to fork out a ridiculous amount of money to buy the film (because they stopped making it, it comes at a premium). That is until I ran across this awesome little instant camera. And the film is a fraction of the price!

image [via]

Normally I probably would have received my champagne flutes and cake knife as part of the standard wedding shower gifts, but sadly since I'm abroad I wasn't able to have a shower (although I did have a wild hen night). Therefore I sprung for this absolutely adorable set. It's hard to tell in the below photos but they say Mr. & Mrs. on them.

both images [via]

My other huge project has been trying to figure out all that I need to do to change my name, get a new passport and a new visa and not spend a million years in the States. This has definitely been the most stressful part of wedding planning because nothing is ever clear when it comes to immigration and the last thing I would want would be to send the wrong documents in or do something that would delay my application.

In other non-wedding news, the mister and I checked out Bar Boulud the other week. My emotions are totally mixed because my starter was very average and my main was delicious but tiny for the price. More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment