Friday

Eton Mess Cupcakes

As I mentioned, I had a friend's birthday last weekend and she asked that I bring some cupcakes. I was really at a loss for what to make. I decided to try these Eton Mess Cupcakes.

image [via]

Actually, first I had to look up what Eton Mess was. I have actually had it before in a restaurant but couldn't remember what it looked like or what was in it. According to Wikipedia it is, "a dessert of English origin consisting of a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream, which is traditionally served at Eton College's annual cricket game against the students of Winchester College." That sounded pretty good, so Saturday morning I woke up early and prepared my Eton Mess'.

They turned out really nice, although I don't think this is my favorite recipe, they got a warm reception at the birthday party. I even had a complete stranger walk up to me and ask to take a picture of my cakes. How exciting! Here's a picture of my creations.


I also got the birthday girl, who loves cats, this adorable underwear set from Urban Outfitters.


images [via]

No comments:

Post a Comment