Saturday

Moving. Or at least trying.

Well, we're not moving yet. But we're looking. I absolutely love the Shad Thames area near Tower Bridge and have been on the hunt for a flat there for about a month (but really only about 1.5 weeks of intensive searching). The process here isn't something I'm used to (most rentals are handled by letting (real estate) agents). You have to "get in" with all the agents in your desired neighborhood so you'll be their first call when an apartment comes available. While I like the fact that someone is helping me look, they almost make the process more stressful. I would generally rely on my old faithful, Gum Tree (the Craigs List of London) but owners in Shad Thames just don't seem to do private rentals.


views of the Shad Thames area
image [via]

In between apartment hunting, I am of course working on the wedding and writing my dissertation, which I have unfortunately fallen behind in. I have no plans on Sunday so here's hoping I can make up some ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment