Wednesday

New Year. New Resolutions.

Yes, it's been a million years. I haven't gotten off to a very good start with this blog. But, one of my new year's resolutions is to visit as many new coffee shops, cafes and basically dine out as much as possible for lunch near my headquarters: Covent Garden. This will not be difficult. And while I didn't resolve to update my blog more often, I am going to try.

My first stop was Samurai Sushi a chain sushi & Japanese food place near Holborn station.

Where: 116 High Holborn (across from Holborn station)

The Scene: Quick dine in lunch

Delight: Individually wrapped sushi for buffet style eating

Disappointment: It's a chain that makes chain quality sushi

This place is your typical try and please everyone fast food restaurant. The hot food looked greasy and unappetizing. The refrigerated section was filled with the traditional bento boxes, sushi and sashimi sets and individual items.

From the individually wrapped section I got:
Thai Crab Roll
Duck Roll Maki

These were all average. I wasn't convinced they were fresh but they tasted alright. For takeout in a pinch I'd go back, but I doubt you'll ever hear me blog about this one again.

I walked into the Japan Center Food Ltd on Lower Regent Street about a week ago and decided I must try their sushi. It definitely looks fresh.

image [via]

No comments:

Post a Comment