Wednesday

Combing the Strand


I've been walking the Strand everyday for nearly 5 months now, so you would think I would know if there are any good places to grab a bite for lunch. I'll have to start taking notice of what I walk past everyday. I was a bit worried when I set off to find a place for lunch because the Strand can be so touristy (read: expensive) but I was able to find a little jem: Brunel Sandwich Shop.

Where: 211 Strand

The Scene: Freshly made sandwiches in a tiny little shop

Delight: Good sandwich and fast and friendly service

Disappointment: Not very unique sandwiches

Brunel was absolutely packed when I stopped in for lunch the other day. The place is tiny, so it's not that hard to fill but I took the massive line outside to mean it's probably worth a try. I ordered a tuna sandwich on wheat bread with all the toppings (which included only lettuce, tomato and cucumber). The sandwich strangely came with butter on it. I had the option to not have butter but everyone in line in front of me was doing it so I figured I should give it a try, just in case it was really amazing. Adding butter to a tuna sandwich, I discovered adds about billion grams of fat and not much else.

The sandwich I got tasted great and the service was so efficient, I was in and out in no time. I was a little disappointed that they didn't do more interesting sandwiches. They didn't offer a variety of sauces or veggies which sort of made me feel like I could have easily made the exact same sandwich at home for far less money. But I'm definitely going to go again. This time to try the coronation chicken sandwich.
image [via]

No comments:

Post a Comment