Friday

30 before 30

Last month I turned 30. And while my 30th birthday wasn't too terribly different than any of my previous (besides the abundance of celebrations) it was a natural time to reflect on my life and try and understand what I've accomplished and learned but also to look forward and try and make sense of where I want to go. I mean this literally and figuratively. 

via


When I was in college a friend of mine shared an idea he had for a challenge - 30 before 30. He wanted to visit 30 countries before he turned 30. I thought it was a brilliant challenge and adopted it as my own. I've updated my list over the years and have always been really blessed to be able to prioritize travel in my life. When I looked at the list right before my birthday I was so pleased to see how many parts of the world I've been able to discover. I ended up falling short of the 30 mark (even when I included Switzerland and Bosnia, both of which I've driven through but not necessarily "been to").

Perhaps I should set a new challenge of 40 before 40?

via

No comments:

Post a Comment