Tuesday

Massage time

I completely forgot in my last post that I have actually ticked off 3 items from my list on the right. Last week I made my first purchase off Groupon for a massage. If you've never heard of Groupon then you must go check it out right now! It's in most major cities and it operates on the premise of deep discounts and amazing deals if enough people sign up. I booked a 90 minute body wrap, facial and massage for £37! What a steal.

The massage was at a place called E Rejuvenation Centre and it was located on the ultra hip Commercial Street right by Spitalfields. When I arrived I was greeted by a very odd waiting area that felt more like an office than a spa. My treatment was booked for 11am and while I was drinking the detox tea and filling out their ridiculous questionnaire (what personal goals do you want to achieve? ect) half the employees were making their lunch or eating right in front of me at the kitchen area. There is nothing I hate more than to see someone who is about to serve me eating or smoking.


the waiting area (not this glam in person)
image[via]

I was ushered into the massage room and wrapped up nice and tight by one of the spa ladies. Then to my surprise they brought in a guy to do the facial and massage. Considering I was naked under the plastic wrap and towels I just could not relax with a guy in the room. The facial was nice but I felt really tense. When he was cutting the plastic wrap off me I couldn't help but try and cover all my bits just in case he could see anything. He nicked me with the scissors a few times (once enough to bleed) and then it was on the massage portion. At this point I just wanted the experience to be over. The massage was fine and overall he was very professional but I just felt so uncomfortable because he was a man.

Throughout the entire treatment I must have heard about 5 different promotions they were running and if I booked that day I could save even more money. Nothing gets me more relaxed than being pressured into buying things. I can see why this place has to offer such deep discounts to get people in the door.

Overall, I did still think it was worth the £37 but I would never recommend anyone to go to the place and I certainly wouldn't go back myself. I'd rather pay a little bit more and leave the spa feeling relaxed and with no cuts or blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment